Hi everyone! It’s April here to share a tutorial on making some super simple Valentine’s Day cards using paint chips that you can get at your local home improvement/paint store!
I realized while prepping this post that using cheap/non-holiday supplies is an ongoing theme with me (I did something similar with the holiday cards I posted late last year)! Here’s a look at the other supplies I used on top of the paint chips above (from top left to right):
- I wrote out my card sentiment on the paint chips, then cut them down so that they were shaped as tags. I punched a hole and tied ribbon through it.
- Red heart doilies from DollarTree! I’m a SUCKER for doilies! I use them for everything, so anytime I see them anywhere (especially at the dollar store), I buy them!
- Little cello baggies that I filled with “sprinkles” – The sentiment that I wrote in calligraphy was written to work with this bag full of “sprinkles.” It’s filled with hearts punched out of the pink ombre paint chips, gold circles, and a mix of pink, gold, and white sequins.
- Gold glitter tape – This was a last minute addition to these cards. I saw this roll of tape laying around my craft room floor and thought it would be a good add (which it was)! Feel free to use any type of washi tape if you don’t have gold lying around!
- 4″x6″ kraft cardstock matted with 3.5″x5.5″ patterned cardstock (any type of pattern) – I used a patterned cardstock that I had lying around. If you can’t see through the picture below, it has sweet messages printed on a diagonal throughout the whole page. If you don’t have any cardstock that would match, then it’s completely optional!
First, take your heart doily and adhere it to the kraft cardstock. I like to offset it so that it hangs off the edge, then I adhere the back of the doily to the back of the cardstock. With the doily in place, I also adhere the baggie of sprinkles.
Then I take my gold washi and run it along the middle of my card so that it covers the area that I adhered the baggie down.
I like using foam dots to make things pop out from my pages/cards. In this case, I used foam dots behind my sentiment tag.
Then you can glue it down and call it dunzo!
Easy right?! Thanks for stopping by! You can see the full Valentine’s Day package that these cards are included in on my blog!