I read forty-three books last year. I like reading corny romance novels – they’re cheaper, tug at my heartstrings, and plain entertaining! There are five I rated five stars at Good Reads in order of when I read them:
Reviewing all the books I’ve read, I’m not sure if I’d rate some of these books the same way and my top five may be different if I reviewed further. However, I rated these books soon after I finished reading them so here they are as my top-rated books:
1) On Dublin Street by Samantha Young – I liked both main characters i.e. neither one annoyed me compared to ones in other romance novels. Really though, I liked the writing.
2) Downtown London Road by Samantha Young – I guess I really like this author! Again, I liked both main characters. I think I may have liked these characters and their relationship and plot a little better than Samantha Young’s first book.
3) The Fault In Our Stars by John Green – I liked the writing and witty dialog between the main characters. I dare you try not to cry when you read this book!
4) Wait For You by J. Lynn – There probably wouldn’t be anything too special about this book except I really fell for Cameron, the MMC (male main character). He seemed so perfect and reminded me of my husband
5) A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams – Besides the unrealism of how a six/seven-year old spoke and the fact that Lily, the main character, would have no clue about what’s been going on around her for so many years, I like how it was written, took place in the 1930’s, and I really felt for Lily!
What were your favorite books of 2013? Do you have a Good Reads account too? Let’s be friends! Click my profile and add me as a friend!