Christmas is only five days away! Is everyone as excited as I am?? I just love the holidays! What makes me extra happy is hearing holiday songs in the radio! While setting up the Christmas tree and holiday decor around my mom’s house a couple weeks ago, we set Pandora to a Christmas music station. It was great! Here are five songs we at Gracious Delights deem some of our favorites!
1) “All I Want For Christmas” by Mariah Carey – Instant classic! Everyone I asked included this song as one of their faves and it’s definitely one of mine. I always challenge myself to hit the high note and fail miserably!
2) “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” by Jackson 5 – This is the best version of the song, don’t you agree? My favorite part is when Michael sings “A rooty-toot-toot. And rump-a-tum-tum…” I vaguely recall my sister and I performing a song and dance to this song in front of our relatives.
3) “This Christmas” by Christina Aguilera – It was originally recorded by Donny Hathaway, but Christina’s version makes me bob my head more.
4) “The Christmas Song (“Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)” by Nat King Cole or Michael Bublé – A true classic song sung by a true classic performer, and then well, who doesn’t love them some Bublé?!
5) “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by NSYNC – I wasn’t a big fan of the boy band movement happening in the late 90’s. Who could replace NKOTB as my ultimate boy band? I didn’t care much for NSYNC until I saw their Disney Christmas Special. Their whole Christmas album is so good! This song is a definite fave!
I could go on and on, but we’ll leave it at five. What are some of your favorite songs of the holidays?