For the past two months, I’ve abandoned going to the gym on a consistent basis. I’ve also ceased some other healthy habits. Reasons aside, I know I have to get back to the routine! So I’m using my blog as a platform to keep myself accountable on this constant struggle. Here are the ways I try to maintain a healthier lifestyle without feeling deprived:
- Drink plenty of water!
- Breakfast every morning.
- No added sugar in tea or iced tea.
- Cardio-based exercise at least one hour/day at least three days/week.
- More fruits and definitely more veggies.
- More lean meats.
- Less eating out, more cooking.
- Portion control.
- Listen to my body when it’s telling me I’m full!
- Intake fish oil capsules and multivitamins daily.
I don’t like to make it about losing weight because I tend to get discouraged when I step on the scale (never mind if I’m gaining muscle weight!). Rather, I’d prefer to think of it as wanting to look and feel good about myself! When I lose track of what/how I eat and don’t exercise, I feel sluggish and my clothes don’t fit and/or look right on me. Which is where I’m heading right now. So here’s the start of my refresh!
Any tips for maintaining a healthier lifestyle?